If you know me or follow my Instagram posts, you’d know by now that we almost exclusively cloth diaper Baby AZ and how much I love modern day cloth diapers and can’t get enough of it! Yep, cloth diapering is addictive and is a really great way to save on baby diapering costs, save the environment and much more [More on that some other day]. It is, therefore, a no-brainer that I was super thrilled to receive a Charlie Banana swim diaper for review from Chicbum.com.
Look how cute the packaging is…almost as if they were thinking ” D’oh! A baby’s bottom is exactly where it should be. So we should put it there – paper or for real” I digress.
According to me the nicest thing about this diaper is that it can be used as a swim diaper AND training pants when you’re potty training the baby. Talk about value for money!
- Let me start with the fit – it’s PERFECT. Just follow the weight guide on Charlie Banana’s website and order the corresponding size. I have a 11 kg baby and size L was, like Goldilocks would say, JUST RIGHT.
- Really soft organic cotton and elastics that don’t leave marks – what’s not to love there.
- A drawstring that helps secure the diaper so it is leak-proof in case of poopxplosions. I’m grateful that there has been none of this poop business in the pool so far. *hitting wood hard*
- Really cute, stunning prints – Not just mine, but the entire range is so pwetty! Head turner for sure! ❤
- The dual purpose – Unlike my other swim diapers (which don’t have an insert, and therefore will definitely not absorb as well) this one can be used for both potty training and as swim diapers. Good investment hence.
- Owing to the insert being there, there would be a bit of diaper heaviness, but it dint hamper movement in any way. IMHO the insert being there is a good thing and meant I didn’t have to worry much that the poopxplosions may fall out. I had hope it would absorb enough, until I could quickly pull him out of the pool. Not much of a ‘con’ bullet, no? I know – It’s really a well thought of diaper design!
Can you see how trim it is after being in water for quite long?
It’s called the EXTRAORDINARY swim diaper for a reason, yo! Here’s a whole bunch of action shots of the diaper and a 18 month old enjoying his summer pool time. Let me know your comments, questions etc.,. I look forward to them. 🙂
Here’s where you can buy them, if you are in India:
If you’re elsewhere, there are so many retailers worldwide; visit Charlie Banana’s store locator
💙⚓️💙⚓️💙⚓️💙 SUMMER IS COMING! Well this is what excites us most about summer time – long pool time and beach time, summery food like nongu, tender coconuts, melons and icecreams without guilt. 🌞🏊🏄🎣🍉🍇🍍🍦🍨🍧 The morning swim, also one of AZ’s first structured #swimlesson (if I can say so myself;)) was really fun with this apartment buddy who was great company! Appa gave instructions well and AZ had fun testing the waters and moving his limbs in action. Good start, I guess! 🏊 #OTB : @CharlieBanana #swimdiaper from @ChicBum . This deserves a mention as it helped a not yet potty-trained little to ride the waves.😄 trim and absorbent, And truly a Sight to behold- a head-turner print. Had people walking up to say ‘that is one cute swimwear’. I agree 💙🏊🏊🏊🏊🏊🏊⚓️💙💙