Come Christmas month, I plan to do a zillion things in the spirit of the season and then fail. But this time I got around to actually making a cake. I wasn’t really in the mood to do a lot of kitchen work and this is the outcome of that feeling – An easy no bake recipe of the most decadent biscuit cake and reindeer cookies I’ve made thus far! I don’t give high praise, so be rest assured you can’t fail with this & that the output would be awesome. 🙂
I baked this for the carol singers, completely unplanned, that’s how simple the recipe is! I made these from @parlenutricrunch digestive cookies made of millets and #Jowar, this is most certainly a healthy “treat” you can make for your kids! You can use any digestive biscuit or any biscuits really. Here’s a step by step of how to do that.
- 500 grams biscuit (you can play around with how thick you want the base to be. I used 2 packs Parle Nutricrunch)
- 2/3 cup full fat cream (I used Amul full fat cream)
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 10 almonds & walnuts chopped
- 150 grams dark chocolate
- ½ cup full fat cream
- Crush the biscuits. by hand or with a chapati roller
- Melt full fat cream by double boiling (Place a big vessel of water on the stove. on top of this place a small vessel, which gets heats by the water in the bigger one. This is so the cream doesn’t separate, from the direct flame)
- Add 1/2 cup sugar, 1 tbsp butter , 1/2 cup cocoa powder,vanilla extract, nuts and whisk together.
- Mix the biscuit mixture and the chocolate ganche you just made.
- Place a liner on a springform cake mould and pour in the mixture. Press it till its sealed and leveled.
- Refrigerate this for 30 minutes
- In the same double boiler, add the remainig cream and darkchocolate and melt it
- Pour this on top of the set mixture and refrigerate it for 4 hours
- Cut and serve.
- Optional: Add other toppings like sprinkles etc.,.
Some step by step pictures.
Reindeer biscuits :
Take any round biscuit. Pout chocolate ganache made in step 7 and add the toppings: Cherry for nose, walnut for antlers and for the eyes, I’ve used some left over royal icing from a DIY kit. But here are some other options you can do easily: white sesame seeds, saunf seeds, or pick the cream from the cream biscuits and mould it into eyes.
That’s it. Let is set for a while in the fridge and then serve 🙂
Merry Christmas everyone! I hope you have a wonderful year ahead as well. 🙂
Sharing an excerpt that I loved reading from DaySpring:
This Christmas, may we peer more intently into that average world tucked into the familiar story of Jesus’ birth. Maybe we’ll even see a reflection of our own average world, but with new expectancy and hope.
Let’s anticipate the coming birth of our glorious Savior. And, let’s remember, though He be far above us, the miracle of Christmas is that He has come near to us, into our world, into our routine life.
He is both Majesty and a God who presses into our days, our everydays. And, He whispers Life into those dusty, disgraced, and dull places—and we are never, ever the same.
Looking for more Christmas inspiration? Check out the dayspring Christmas Resource Library, one of my fav places.